Dr. Reitz has been setting the highest standards of excellence in dentistry for over 30 years! He is a 1975 graduate of Muhlenberg College, and a graduate of Temple University School of Dentistry. An esteemed member of the dental community, Dr. Reitz has served as president of the Berks County Dental Society and the Fourth District Dental Society, among other positions in those organizations, including as a delegate to the Pennsylvania Dental Association. He is also an active member of both the American Dental Association and the Academy of General Dentistry.
In 1991, he was granted fellowship in the Academy of General Dentistry for his efforts in continuing education. In 1998 he was appointed by Governor Tom Ridge and approved by the Pennsylvania Senate to the Pennsylvania State Board of Dentistry. He has represented Pennsylvania on the American Dental Association Political Action Committee to which he was elected Chairman for the years 2001-2002. He currently serves as a dental examiner licensing dental graduates to practice throughout the country.
Dr. Reitz enjoys giving back to the community and participates with the Give Kids A Smile program and Donated Dental Service ( providing free dental care to the needy). In his spare time, he is a luthier (guitar builder) and kayaker. Ask to see one of the guitars he built during a visit to the office.
His dental publications in peer reviewed dental journals include:
- Biopsy Transport Media, Quintessence International Dental Digest, Volume 12, Number 4/1981
- Lingualized Occlusion for Implant Dentistry, Quintessence International, Volume 25, Number 3/1994
Awards and Honors
- Temple University is pleased to induct into its Gallery of Success 2010 John V. Reitz DDS, class of 1980 Kornberg School of Dentistry, whose professional achievements serve as an inspiration to others in the pursuit of their Temple education.
- Dr Reitz was selected by a vote of his peers to be in Berks County Living as Top Dentist.
- On April 21, 2012, Dr. Reitz was pleasantly surprised to be the year’s inductee into the Pierre Fauchard Academy at the Pennsylvania Dental Association’s Annual meeting in Hershey, PA. Pierre Fauchard Academy is an International Honor Dental Organization. According to their web site, “Candidates for active fellowship shall be ethical dentists and shall have made outstanding contributions to the art and science of dentistry or to society. Candidates in the United States or its territories shall be members in good standing of the American Dental Association. Those in other countries shall be members in good standing in the equivalent association of the country in which the candidate is associated with dentistry. Fellowship is by invitation only and candidates must have graduated from accredited schools at least five years prior to nomination.”
Dr. Dan Malloy
Dr. Malloy is a native to Wyomissing, PA and graduate of Wyomissing High School. He earned his Bachelor of Science degree from the University of Pittsburgh and went on to graduate Magna Cum Laude from Temple’s Kornberg School of Dentistry. Dr. Malloy completed a one-year hospital-based General Practice Residency at Lehigh Valley Hospital in Bethlehem, PA.
He takes great pride in providing his patients with comfortable, painless, and excellent care. Dr. Malloy is a member of the Academy of General Dentistry, American Dental Association, and is dedicated to constantly advancing his skills and knowledge through various Continuing Education programs such as Spear Education. Spear is a top dental teaching center that helps its members deliver the latest advances in esthetic and restorative dentistry. Dr. Malloy recently moved back to Shillington, PA with his fiancé and enjoys spending time with their two dogs Finn and Marley. He enjoys playing tennis and frequenting Lake Wallenpaupack with his family.